Testing Lapack dependencies

Dear Debian toolchain,

Right now, since Camm is working on Lapack, I am going to now focus on testing my packages, as well as others', which Build-Depend on lapack. I have two queries with regard to this:

1. If I make my package Build-Depend on the Lapack in experimental, my package should enter experimental. Do I have to append a "gf" to such a package, or is this unnecessary, and just a Debian revision bump is enough?

2. If, in the mean time, a new upstream release comes in and I have to move it to unstable, do I revert to the old Build-Depends, build it for unstable etc. and then rebuild it with the new Build-Depends for experimental, or is there a better way? Also bear in mind that I would have to request sponsorship for both editions! :-)

Thanks.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah