Unidentified subject!

Subject: Re: GCC 4.2 transition
> From: "Kevin B. McCarty" <kmccarty@Princeton.EDU>
> Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > GCC 4.2 was released on May 13 and has been in unstable since roughly
> > that time.  The default version of gfortran was recently switched to
> > 4.2 and the Debian GCC maintainers would like to move to 4.2 as the
> > default compiler in unstable for all architectures and for all
> > languages with the exception of Java (which will follow later).
> > This message describes the plan to make this transition possible.
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> Does this imply that all FORTRAN-using packages will need to move from
> g77-3.4 to gfortran-4.2 in the near future?

Yes, but it's independent. Please search your mailbox for mails sent
to you and Camm Maguire; I didn't get any feedback from you ...

> To my knowledge there has
> been no mass rebuild of FORTRAN packages with gfortran yet to see how
> smoothly this will work out...
[removed the other speculations]

Please see [1] and [2]; currently the armel people are interested to
help with the g77 -> gfortran change and will post a plan based on [1].

If you are interested in working on this, please join the
debian-toolchain ML.

  Matthias

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2007/04/msg00234.html
[2] http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2007-01/msg00611.html