Re: gcc 3 testing: coordinator wanted

On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 08:01:41 -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> That is a large part of the process.

BTW, is there a problem with making the result available in .deb format in
the "project/experimental" section of Debian archives?

> And, fixes for Debian-specific problems will probably have to originate
> from someone with a strong interest in Debian

Frankly, I doubt there'll be many such problems. Looking at the state of the
current Debianized source tree for gcc 2.95.2, the diff from standard 2.95.2
is less than 300K (gzipped), most of which is concerned with one of two
things:
- packaging gcc for Debian
- patches for specific ports, or encountered when building particular
  packages.

Greetings,
Ray
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would