Re: texlive install in testing fails on tex-common

Hi

(please keep the list in cc)

On Wed, 24 Feb 2021, Jouko Lumijärvi wrote:
> root@pc:/home/jj# locale
> locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
> locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: Tiedostoa tai hakemistoa ei ole

That is not good.

> LANG=fi_FI.UTF-8

> Should I set LC_CTYPE, LANGUAGE or LC_ALL, and to what value? And in

I guess the problem is you haven't generated the locale ...

What does
	grep fi_FI /etc/locale.gen
say?

It **should** say

$ grep fi_FI /etc/locale.gen
# fi_FI ISO-8859-1
fi_FI.UTF-8 UTF-8
# fi_FI@euro ISO-8859-15
$

if you want the UTF8 style locale (which I strongly suggest)

If the fi_FI.UTF8 is not enabled (i.e., there is a leading # sign)
please

either:
	run
		sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales

or:
	edit the file by hand and activate fi_FI.UTF8
	and then run
		sudo locale-gen

Hope that helps

> general, should i choose "fi_FI.UTF-8 UTF-8" or "fi_FI@euro ISO-8859-15" in

fi_FI.UTF-8 UTF-8

Best

Fujitsu Research Labs  +  IFMGA Guide + TU Wien + TeX Live + Debian Dev