Re: texinfo-doc-nonfree: explanation why non-free

On 03.01.2018 18:06, katharina.meyer wrote:

Hi Kalle,

> maybe it would be good to write a short notice on the package-site(s),
> why texinfo-doc is considered non-free by debian. As it is a GNU
> project, I was startled when seeing this.

Another method would be to do some research by your self:

hille@haka:~$ zless /usr/share/doc/texinfo/changelog.Debian.gz

texinfo (4.8.dfsg.1-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * first version with split out GFDL licensed documentation into
    texinfo-doc-nonfree (Closes: #356916)
  * switch to debhelper level 5
  * add a README.Debian file explaining where the documentation has gone.

 -- Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>  Wed, 12 Apr 2006 02:33:30 +0200

...and then go through the README and the closed bug.

Hilmar
--
#206401 http://counter.li.org