Re: LuaTeX 1.0.0?

On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 12:54:08AM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi Julian,
>
> > Is there any intention to try packaging luatex 1.0.0 (or a newer
>
> Good question. The differences between the version in TL2016 and
> luatex 1.0.0 are very minimal, but there are some bug fixes
> in the repository.
>
> I am not sure what would be needed. Guess one needs to make a diff
> between the luatex source and the current TL/Debian source and
> see whether this can be included as patch.
>
> I am not sure whether I *want* to do that, though ;-)
>
> Do you have any specific needs?

Hi Norbert,

Fair enough.  I'm not sure whether patching sources is a great idea,
either.

The specific bug of interest to me was
http://tracker.luatex.org/view.php?id=984 which gives rise to some
very ugly integrals, which we've had real issues with at work.  It was
addressed in version 0.99.

Best wishes,

   Julian