Re: lmodern-Installation

Hey Norbert,

thanks for your reply!

> I cannot believe that this happens on a clean system, otherwise
> we would have hundreds of FTBFS bug reports, which we don't.
I do know that lmodern from debian stable usually is working. I'd just
like to find out why it wasn't on my machine to avoid this problem for
the next installation. That's why I didn't dare to post it as a bug report.

> Can you please be a bit more specific:
> * versions of packages installed, in particular tex-common, lmodern,
>   and texlive-base
The following versions according to apt-cache show x
tex-common: 5.03
lmodern: 2.004.4-5
texlive-base: 2014.20141024-2

> * output of running update-updmap
> * output of running updmap-sys
> * contents of the file /var/lib/texmf/updmap.cfg-DEBIAN
I removed my manual entry for lm.map in /etc/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg,
then I ran update-updmap and updmap-sys. I don't know if attachments are
working here, so I pasted them online:
update-updmap output: https://paste.debian.net/782274/
updmap-sys output (not the full log, I could add that as well):
https://paste.debian.net/782285/
updmap.cfg-DEBIAN: https://paste.debian.net/782286/

Maybe that old manually adapted gfsdidot-Package is the problem? I do
have it on the other machines installed as well, though.

> I can only guess that you are mixing distributions. Do you have
> packages mixed from testing and stable?
No, definitely not. It is a new install from the online debian jessie (+
security) repositories. I do have some backports installed, but nothing
TeX-related (onwcloud-client, libreoffice). Nothing from testing.

It would be great if you could help me solve that problem!

Best regards,
Philipp