Re: Processed (with 1 errors): Re: [doxygen] possible workaround

retitle 728069 doxygen-latex generates invalid tables
thanks

Hi Norbert,

2014-02-10 Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>:
> reassign 728069 doxygen-latex
> thanks
>
> Dear all
>
> It is nice to reassign to latex packages, but it *would* make
> sense to
> * send the generated source code or give links to produce it
> * *achtually* check what is the problem
Thanks for the analysis. I falsely expected pdflatex to print the
errors even in batch mode, but I learned now that it does not.

> Removing the
>         \batchmode
> from refman.tex and running it with pdflatex, I see a simple
> error:
> [][][]
> ) [90] (./group__caca__process.tex) [91] (./group__conio.tex [92]) [93]
> (./structcaca__conio__text__info.tex [94]) (./structcaca__event.tex
> Runaway argument?
> {\>struct \{\\ \hypertarget {structcaca__event_1_1@0_1_1@1_a6ac769da3\ETC.
> ! Paragraph ended before \hypertarget was complete.
> <to be read again>
>                    \par
> l.32
>
> ?
>
> and after that a *lot* more.
>
> So, simply put, this is either a bug in the original libcaca documentation
> or in the doxygen-latex generation code.
>
> But LaTeX is not supposed to handle broken documents.
>
> I am reassigning this bug to doxygen-latex, as it seems to be the
> likeliest candidate, but the maintainers of libcaca are invited to
> contriute, send differences in the generated manual from
> successful builds etc.
Libcaca is has not been actively maintained recently. (Hence the NMU.)

I have checked the doxygen inputs and to me it seems that doxygen generetes
invalid latex table code from valid doxygen syntax.
doc/migration.dox:
-----8<----
\endcode

 Note the following important things:
-----8<----

The generated libcaca-migrating.tex:
-----8<----
\end{DoxyCode}
 \\\cline{1-2}
\end{TabularC}

Note the following important things\-:
-----8<----

And the error got after disabling batch mode in doxygen.cfg.in
-----8<----
[8]) (./libcaca-font.tex
[9]) (./libcaca-migrating.tex
! Undefined control sequence.