Re: Asymptote updates and git repository

Hi Hubert,

thanks for answering!!

> I personally don't currently have enough time to maintain it, so I would
> be happy for someone else to take it over.

Ok, let us discuss what is the best way.

> > * Would you be interested in moving asymptote into the debian-tex
> > group? I would give you access to all the git repos there and chnage
> > the maintainer to Debian TeX Group and all of us as uploaders.
>
> I think that debian-tex would be a logical place for asymptote to live.

Ok, that is fine with me, too. Or the collab-maint area could
also be a good place.

> Frédéric-Emmanuel has a git repository in collab-maint, which was
> updated to Asymptote 2.21, but it doesn't look like he ever uploaded
> it.
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/asymptote.git
>
> I have an older git repository, which is current up to the current
> Debian version (2.15-2).
> http://vcs.uhoreg.ca/git/cgit/asymptote/

I have done the following:
* cloned your repository
* merged in most of the changes (those I could) from Frédéric's
  repository (preserving authorship etc by using git format-patch
  and git am)
* updated it with my changes for 2.23

The new repository (different from the one I pushed before) is again
in
  http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-tex/asymptote.git;a=summary
  git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-tex/asymptote.git

Concerning maintainance I see two options, could both of you
please give me your opinion:
* Debian TeX Maintainers
  move the package under to hood of the debian-tex-maint, change
  maintainer, git etc etc, keep us all in the uploaders,
  grant you and Frédéric write access to the debian-tex group

* Collab-maint
  keep you as maintainer, add myself as uploaders
  replace the asymptote.git which is there at the moment with
  the one from you patched, up as I did (i.e., with the git repo
  I created)

(* keep working separately ... don't like that one ;-)

Please Hubert and Frédéric, let me know your opinions