Stupid question about updmap.cfg

Hi,

I should know that better. The news of tex-common say:

That means, the easiest way to
activate local fonts (in TEXMFLOCAL) by putting the respective
map lines into /usr/local/share/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg, and
call updmap-sys once (as root).

May local updmap.cfg is there, but the updmap-sys ignores it:

root@drachi:/etc/texmf/texmf.d# updmap-sys
updmap is using the following updmap.cfg files (in precedence order):
  /usr/share/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg
  /usr/share/texlive/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg
  /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/web2c/updmap.cfg
dvips output dir: "/var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap"
<snip>

What am I doing wrong? The variable TEXMFLOCAL is set to
/usr/local/share/texmf in /etc/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf if that matters.

Thanks,
  Hilmar
--
Whatever it is, I fear Greeks even when they bring gifts.
		-- Publius Vergilius Maro (Virgil)