Re: Removing ThaiLaTeX

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> wrote:

> On Di, 21 Mai 2013, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan wrote:
>> I intend to remove thailatex from Debian, as its components have already
>> been integrated into TeX Live 2013.
>
> Good, should we do a provide or anything else?

Probably a Break: against thailatex to force its removal in the future.

>> The hyphenation patterns have already been merged into hyph-utf8,
>> now available in texlive-base 2013.20130520-1 in unstable.
>> So, the copy in thailatex is already a duplicate.
>>
>> Another one is babel-thai. It has been uploaded to CTAN here:
>
> Already in here:
>
> $ apt-cache search babel-thai
> texlive-lang-cjk - TeX Live: Chinese/Japanese/Korean/Thai
> $
>
> Is that fine like it is?

No, it's not actually there.

$ apt-file search thai.ldf
texlive-xetex: /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/polyglossia/gloss-thai.ldf
texlive-xetex: /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/xelatex/polyglossia/gloss-thai.ldf
thailatex: /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/thailatex/thai.ldf
$

Regards,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan