Re: xetex on armel - disable or not?

Hi,

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 09:10:47AM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> > Do they run the testsuite? graphite2 *builds*, but the *tests*
> > fail miserably. And given right now test failure is fatal on all archs...
>
> We have a test suite for xetex, passed. That doesn't mean anything, of course.

I meant the *graphite2* tests.

> Thus, although graphite2 might be broken in the sense tha not 100% of
> the functionality works, but might still work in the restricted
> case of usage via harfbuzz.

The test failures after over all possible font and "simple" tests[1]
- so I'd not say that minor functionality is broken only.

> * or disable xetex for armel/sparc
>   (current status, since build deps are not present)

No, current status is that it doesn't build at all because the build-deps
are not present ;-) "disable xetex for armel/sparc" would make
it actually build on those archs ;-)

> I honestly tend to the former option, and only *after* there are confirmed
> reports that xetex really does not work on armel/sparc, disable
> it on these archs.
>
> What do others think?

I agree with you, diable only on armel/sparc is the solution to me.
I actually suggested that to harfbuzz (implicitely) too back then, but they
soomehow decided to disable it everywhere.

Regards,

Rene