Re: Freeze exception for tipa 2:1.3-18

Dear Release managers,

concerning the following request for freeze exception I as the
sponsor wanted to add a few things:

On Fr, 27 Jul 2012, Daniele Tricoli wrote:
> I would like to request a freeze exception for tipa 2:1.3-18 (already
> accepted in unstable).
>
> It not fix an RC bugs but an important one: #682939
>
> Andreas Beckmann noticed that xfonts-tipa package removes
> /usr/share/fonts/X11/encodings/encodings.dir which is owned by
> xfonts-encodings.
>
> Debdiff attached.

The bug exhibited itself by tipa shipping an encoding file, which
triggered via debhelper a generated code in the post* scripts
that removed the above mentioned file.

The encoding file should actually not be shipped. The current release
simply does not install this file and fixes thus the problem.

It might be considered an RC bug since it removes files that are
unrelated.

Thanks a lot

TIGHARRY (n.)
The accomplice or 'lure' who gets punters to participate in the three
card trick on London streets by winning an improbable amount of money
very easily.