Re: RM?: independent cwebx and cweb-latex package

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 08:58:59PM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Hi Julian and Tex people,
>
> I think this is some oversight...
>
> Here is the situation for the independent cweb* packages.
>
> packages:
> cweb:         removed   in   2005 (texlive-extra-utils contains this)
> cwebx:        unchanged from 2007
> cweb-latex:   unchanged from 2007 (texlive-latex-extra contains this)
>
> Considering small popcon of figurres of these independent cweb* packages
> (In 2004, these were over 1% popcon.  Now less than 0.1%) and no bug
> reports, I think it is safe to say these independent cweb* packages are
> good candidates for removal.
>
> Should I file RM request to ftp.debian.org?

cweb: definitely to be removed
cweb-latex: I will upload a transition package for wheezy and it can
be removed for wheezy+1
cwebx: 0.1% is still a lot of people.  If people have written cwebx
programs, why remove the compiler?  cwebx itself is perfectly fine.

   Julian