Re: duplication of stix

Hi there,

Hilmar Preuße <hille42@web.de>
Fri, 1 Jun 2012 23:05:58 +0200

   On 29.05.12 Norbert Preining (preining@logic.at) wrote:
   > On Fr, 25 Mai 2012, Eythan Weg wrote:

   Hi,

   > > Just an alert that otf-stix and texlive-fonts-extra  contains the
   > > same font.
   >
   > Now I see ... I would have caught that long time ago, because I generate
   > the list of replacements via the lintian warnings, but lintian does
   > not give a warning for these fonts, because the file names are different.
   >
   > Uggg.
   >
   > That needs a lot of handwork ... will see

   The changelog of texlive-extra (2012.20120529-1) reads:

     <snip>
     * don't ship STIX fonts, but link from fonts-stix and depend on it

   I'll remove that, OK?

I wonder about the need for those  links if latex and context
can access system fonts directly.

   H.
   --
   Lowery's Law:
   	If it jams -- force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

Eythan