RFC: What about /usr/share/texmf/doc

Dear all,

I want to hear your opinion on the following item:

Currently we have in tex-common
	/usr/share/texmf/doc -> /usr/share/doc/texmf
This is strange to me out of the following reasons:
* All the texlive packages do not link anything or have anything
  in either of these dirs, so people looking at
  /usr/share/doc/texmf might think hardly anything is installed
* problems with packages installing files into /usr/share/texmf/doc
  (alqalam, cm-super, context-doc-nonfree, all fixed by now, but
  might happen again)

M y plan is to get rid of this link in tex-common, whihc needs a bit
of code for safely doing it (but this is ready).
Advantages:
* Get rid of a strange link
* files should be placed in their proper location: doc files for
  TeX packages into /usr/share/texmf/doc/...
* no non-package-name directory /usr/share/doc/texmf (in the long run!)
* clean (I like it)

Disadvantages:
* all packages currently installing doc files into /usr/share/doc/texmf
  will with one step be not found anymore with texdoc, until the
  packages are updated (currently what I see: asymptote, context*,
  lmodern*, tex-gyre*, cm-super*, fonts-tlwg, jbibtex, jtex-base,
  biblatex, feynmf, kotex, latex-cjk*, latex-make, preview,
  latex209*, latex-xcolor, luatex*, musixtex, m-tx, pmx, pgf,
  thailatex -- items with * are under our control AFAIS).

This is of course post release material (or experimental uploads for now).

What do you think about this? I cannot make up my mind what is the
better option.

CHICAGO (n.)
The foul-smelling wind which precedes an underground railway train.