Re: biblatex and texlive-bibtex-extra

On Sa, 13 Okt 2012, Jeroen Ooms wrote:
> I was wondering if it would make sense to add 'texlive-bibtex-extra' as a
> dependency for the 'biblatex' package? The biblatex software seems to need
> the biblatex-* ctan packages which are in texlive-bibtex-extra? Figuring

No, it is not needed, but you *can* use it.

> out that these packages are missing when biblatex is installed can be
> really tricky. See also this topic:
> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/76491

Answered there.

Arthur hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife.
Then he realised there was a contradiction there and merely
hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
                 --- Arthur realising that he's in a certain death situation
                 --- with a supernova bomb that is shaped like a cricket ball.