Re: RFC: TeX Live (at least) move to git

On Wednesday 18 July 2012 23:00:57 Frank Kuester wrote:
> I think that I need to learn one program more, but that this is only
> good for me ;-).

I was going to write the same! ;-)

I'm fine moving to git.

Maybe it's worth reading what Debian Perl Group wrote about using git for
packaging:
http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/git.html
http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/notes/debian/git.html

I must confess that I would like to keep only Debian stuff inside the
repository, but if I understand correctly the suggested way to work with
git implies a layout with an upstream branch. Do you know any documents
where one can study more on this?

Many thanks!

Cheers,

--