New update-updmap behaviour - what to do with local fonts?

Hi Norbert and all,

I just upgraded my testing maching to texlive 2012 - great job!

I was being given warnings about:

Warning: Old configuration style found in /etc/texmf/updmap.d
Warning: For now these files have been included,
Warning: but expect inconsistencies.
Warning: These packages should be rebuild with tex-common.

and then the map file found there.

Now, this map file relates to private fonts which are located under
/usr/local/share/texmf/fonts, and are not part of any official
package.  Unfortunately, the new update-updmap doesn't seem to have
any facility for such legitimate local map files, except for moaning
about ones found in /etc/texmf/updmap.d.

One possibility could be to have a SNIPPET_LOCAL_BASE location, or
alternatively, only to complain about snippets in SNIPPET_OLD_BASE
which truly do belong to old Debian packages.

But I'm unsure what the best move is....

   Julian