Re: duplication of stix

Hilmar Preuße <hille42@web.de>
Fri, 25 May 2012 19:48:00 +0200

   On 25.05.12 Eythan Weg (eythanweg@gmail.com) wrote:
   > Just an alert that otf-stix and texlive-fonts-extra  contains the
   > same font.
   Thanks. I don't know, why we ship otf fonts, I guess XeTeX can use
   them. Do you eventually know if XeTeX can use the otf files provided
   by fonts-stix (not otf-stix) out of the box, i.e. from the location
   /usr/share/fonts/opentype/stix/ ?

Hi Hilmar,

I am not a user of xetex.  However, the documentation says that it can
use otf fonts anywhere on the file system.  The fonts-stix package
contains a newer version of stix that provides otf-stix. Also, I noted
that other fonts (like dejavu) in the texlive directories are linked to
system fonts (which gave me the idea).

   All things that are, are with more spirit chased than enjoyed.
   		-- Shakespeare, "Merchant of Venice"