TL2012 status 2012-03-02 II (Important change!)

Hi everyone,

I pushed a few new packages to svn and people.debian.org. Be WARNED
the location has changed:
	deb http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ pool/
	deb-src http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ pool/

There is also
	http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/log/
with lintian log files and a collection lintian.log of all the
lintian warnings and errors.

No for the *GOOD* news:
- prepared (pseudo)NMUs for all packages needed for texlive-full
- undid the tex-common change to include old /etc/texmf/updmap.d
  snippets, it broke upgrades
- many other things

Effect: (TAM TAM TAM)
upgrade from texlive-full 2009 to texlive-full 2011++ SUCCESS!!!!
See
	http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/log/full-upgrade.log
which starts with installing texlive-full from current sid (2009),
and then dist-upgrades to the current testing version.

So, well, one week and we are quite far. What needs to be done,
and maybe someone reads that, since I will be not so free from
now on till mid April!!!

- removal of old config files
  there are a lot of config files in all the packages, in /etc/texmf/updmap.d,
  but also some others. All of them should be removed!
  I remember faintly some dh_* tool that helps, but cannot find it now
  That needs investigation, and I *REALLY* hope that someone else
  can take over at least the collection of information and what has
  to be done.

- proper NMU preparation
  the same removal of config file should be done in all the NMUs I have
  prepared.

Maybe for the above two one *COULD* add a dh_installtex option to
migrate from old version to new version???

- lintian
  go through the lintian errors/warnings and try to fix those that
  are real problems, (and forget the rubbish noisiness of the rest!)

- libpaper
  see other email to Frank and the list

- maintainer script check
  there is probably a lot of rubbish hanging around in the maintainer
  scripts. Upgrade paths from long forgotten versions etc etc.
  One should go over that and clean it out.

- documentation
  the whole documentation needs a rehaul:
  . location of the trees has changed
  . config file handling has changed
  . updmap.d handling has changed

- more updmap.d check
  check other packages that are not related to texlive-full (or what I had
  installed on my computer) that needs fixing/rebuilding with tex-common v3

I think that can keep any interested person a bit busy.
(Die Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt!)

Well, that's all for today, no I go for wine and cheese tasting/drinking,
well deserved!

MELLON UDRIGLE (n.)
The ghastly sound made by traditional folksingers.