Re: How can I help with packaging of TeXLive

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 07:57:25AM +0100, Hans Harhoff Andersen wrote:
> Oops. One should reply to emails this early in the morning...
> The link is here:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-tex-maint/2011/08/msg00066.html

Thank you for your suggestion.  However, as far as I can tell the
repository that is referenced in that message no longer exists.  There
is a source repository at

deb-src http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ src/

which to me looks like the sources for TeXLive 2009 that is currently in
testing.  I managed to build and install those on stable, but when I
compared the result with a testing install, I realized that they seem to
be exactly the same packages.

Maybe I am missing something, but I cannot find any TexLive 2011
packages anywhere.

What I wanted to know is whether there is a plan to update TeXLive to
2011, or whether Debian will wait and include 2012 in the next stable
release?  Either way, I would like to help with the process.

--
Jan Hlavacek (jhlavace@svsu.edu, (989) 964-2004)
Department of Mathematical Sciences, Saginaw Valley State University