How can I help with packaging of TeXLive

Hi everyone;

I am a long time Debian user (I started with Debian Slink in 99). I have
been using TeX significantly longer than that.  I have very little
experience with creating Debian packages (I did, at some point of time,
manage to follow a HOWTO document on creating Debian packages in order
to create a rather bad local package of a simple program, however, it
was a while ago and I don't even remember which program it was).  I am
currently running vanilla TeXLive 2011 on squeeze, installed under
/usr/local/, alongside the regular Debian TeXLive packages.  So far I
have not experienced any conflicts or other difficulties with that
setup.

I would like to contribute some time and effort to the task of bringing
the TeXLive packages on Debian up to date, however, I an not sure how to
start.  The least I can do is testing.  I couldn't find any publicly
available TeXLive 2011 packages that I could install and test. I believe
I can do more than just testing, but I would need some sort of guidance.
If you can provide me with any sort of starting points, I would be
grateful.

Thank you very much.

--
Jan Hlavacek (jhlavace@svsu.edu, (989) 964-2004)
Department of Mathematical Sciences, Saginaw Valley State University