Re: logreq .deb package

Hi Karel,

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 03:59:32AM +0200, Karel Bilek wrote:
> I am not very experienced debian user,

experienced enough to know where to ask, obviously. :)

> I would like to install newest version of biblatex, which, in turn,
> requires logreq package.
>
> The package doesn't exists, but I found it here -
> http://ftp-master.debian.org/new/logreq_1.0-1.html . I am not really
> sure what "new queue" means, but I would like to download the
> logreq_1.0-1_all.deb file anyway.

Any package that adds new .deb files, i.e. every package that is
literally new to the Debian archive, has to be approved by the Debian
ftp-masters regarding very basic technical issues and their license.
This can be a lot of work for them and the packages thus stay in that
NEW queue for a while sometimes. Consequently, since they haven't been
approved yet, they cannot be downloaded from there. But...

> Is there any way, how to do that?

Yes, we can manage something. :) I just uploaded the logreq and etoolbox
debs to [1]. You'll need both of them. Those packages are exactly the
same as the ones that will hit the archive soon and will be overwritten
by them anyways, no harm there. Feel free to download and use them. Have
fun!

Hauke

[1] http://people.debian.org/~jhr/

--