Re: Best way to get ccicons into debian

On Thu, 2010-09-23 at 21:43 +0200, Hilmar Preuße wrote:
> On 23.09.10 Luke Jennings (ubuntujenkins@googlemail.com) wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 9:00 AM, Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:
> > > On 22.09.10 Luke-Jennings (ltjennings@googlemail.com) wrote:
Hi,
> Hi,

> > > http://www.tug.org/texlive/Contents/live/doc.html suggests that
> > > the package is in TL 2010 (maybe in 2009, but I guess not). Hence
> > > the fonts will probaly be in Debian after packaging TL 2010. Is
> > > that OK for you?
> > >
> > That would probably be ok, is it known how long it will take for
> > tl2010 to get into debian? We are aiming to be able to build the
> > manual on launchpad when the first debian import is done.
> >
> This heavily depends on how much time we can invest. We won't do
> anything before release of squeeze and after that -- I can't tell. If
> you need it faster you can provide them as separate package, but
> please inform us about that so we can remove these fonst from the TL
> packages. The package tex-common should contain some guidelines about
> package TeX related software.
I think it would not be useful to put ccicons in a separate package,
possible a little counter productive. The ubuntu manual team always uses
the latest version of latex, but we have some people that wish to use
packages only, we would like to do as much as we can to help with the
packaging process.

Is there any guide on contribution/how to start? I have done some
packaging before but nothing this complex. Also how much is different
from the way latex 2009 is packaged?

Luke