transfig build failure

I'm seeing this build failure still (or maybe again?) with texlive-extra
version 2009-7, which is supposed to have #562497 fixed:

LaTeX Warning: File `overlay-sample-0.pdf' not found on input line 45.

! Package pdftex.def Error: File `overlay-sample-0.pdf' not found.

See the pdftex.def package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.45 \end{frame}

?
! Emergency stop.

l.45 \end{frame}

!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
Transcript written on sample-presentation.log.
make[1]: *** [sample-presentation.pdf] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/transfig-3.2.5.a/fig2mpdf/doc'
make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2

When I tried debugging, I found that texlive-font-utils wasn't even installed
with the given Build-Depends, but adding it didn't seem to help at all either.
--
Daniel Schepler