frenchb.ldf problem in texlive-latex-base 2009-4

Hello,

this is the first time I report a problem on latex packages. I hope this is the proper place to do it. Just tell me if not.

Here is a sample tex file :
------------
%% LyX 1.6.5 created this file.  For more info, see http://www.lyx.org/.
%% Do not edit unless you really know what you are doing.
\documentclass[french]{article}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[latin9]{inputenc}
\usepackage{babel}
\addto\extrasfrench{\providecommand{\og}{\leavevmode\flqq~}\providecommand{\fg}{\ifdim\lastskip>\z@\unskip\fi~\frqq}}

\begin{document}
\noextrasfrancais
\begin{itemize}
\item bullet
\end{itemize}

\end{document}
when I process it with pdflatex from texlive-latex-base 2009-4 (debian sid), the resulting pdf shows a dash instead of the bullet that the \noextrasfrancais macro is supposed to produce. After some investigations, I realized that simply replacing /usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/frenchb.ldf with the one from texlive-latex-base 2007.dfsg.2-4ubuntu1 solved the problem.

Regards,

Denis