Re: CVE-2009-1284

On 02.12.09 Norbert Preining (preining@logic.at) wrote:
> On So, 29 Nov 2009, Hilmar Preusse wrote:

Hi,

> > I guess we have already from the sec-people the permission to not
> > fix old-stable.  Yes, we could fix oldstable (the patch is always
> > the
>
> Ok, then let it rot there. I had the impression that there are bugs
> to be fixed, other thant that one, in old stable (the other CVEs).

This is correct. When looking at the PTS^1 page for texlive-base-bin
they're listed. However none of these 4 are fixed in old-stable and I
don't see, why we should make an exception for this one.

The patch for stable is in the SVN, please refine the changelog
present the result to the security team.

Thanks,
  Hilmar

^1 http://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/texlive-bin
--
Meade's Maxim:
	Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else.