Re: TL2009 start

> On Mi, 03 Jun 2009, Norbert Preining wrote:
>> And  quilt does not patch anything ... did you try to build these
>> package, or do I look at something completely old and wrong one?
>
> Ok, I killed your rules file, it was a bit a pain, and started with the
> texlive-bin 2008 rules files and adapted it a bit.

It was a dh_make template, and I didn't like it either. However, we
should carefully check whether any of the variable settings (dpkg-arch
stuff, compiler flags etc.) should be used. Or wait, I think I did that
on lenny; so if we do it we should borrow from sid's dh_make template.

> I also fixed the
> Build-script patch where it seems you have changed one if test from 0 to
> 1 so that at build time it was cleaned now instead of at config time.

Sorry, I thought it was the other way round.

> Now one has to write a script that installs the files into the
> respective packages, and the man pages, too.

Why not simply use dh_install?

Debian Developer (TeXLive)
VCD Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg, ADFC Miltenberg
B90/Grüne KV Miltenberg