Re: SVN luatex commit: r3971 - in luatex/trunk/debian: . patches texdoc

> On Di, 02 Jun 2009, Frank Küster wrote:
>> > apply the patch to texdoclua not with quilt but already in the package
>> > itself, otherwise lintian is angry with us. Keep the patch for re-applying
>> > later on
>>
>> What's lintian's concern?
>
> quilt patch patches debian files ... considered an error.

Hm. The file comes from upstream, we include in the Debian diff only
because there's no other way (until Format: 3.0 can be used in the
archive, which allows additional tarballs).

Okay, I've read lintian's long description, which says:

,----
|  If the patch provides a new file (say a manual page), place that file
|  in the upstream directory hierarchy as if it was ready to be submitted.
`----

So we could move the file to
luatex-0.40.1/source/texk/texlive/linked_scripts/texdoc/

Should I do that?

Debian Developer (TeXLive)
VCD Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg, ADFC Miltenberg
B90/Grüne KV Miltenberg