Re: Sanity checks in update-fontlang

On Mi, 20 Mai 2009, Frank Küster wrote:
> I'm not aware what current recommendations are - aptitude is much more
> clever than it or apt-get used to be. But when I became a DD, the
> general rule was to avoid versioned Conflicts because they made it

Still that is so, but breaks are ok. From the policy:

     A `Conflicts' entry should almost never have an "earlier than" version
     clause.  This would prevent `dpkg' from upgrading or installing the
     package which declared such a conflict until the upgrade or removal of
     the conflicted-with package had been completed.  Instead, `Breaks' may
     be used (once `Breaks' is supported by the stable release of Debian).

PODE HOLE (n.)
A hole drilled in chipboard lavatory walls by homosexuals for any one
of a number of purposes.