Re: [Debian-tex-commits] SVN tex-common commit + diffs: r3934 - tex-common/branches/for-tl2008/conf

> On Fr, 15 Mai 2009, Frank Küster wrote:
>> Added:
>>    tex-common/branches/for-tl2008/conf/language.d/
>> Log:
>> need language.d and contents for installing from scratch
>
> Why? I *did* install the 2.00 tex-common packages and some experimetnal
> TL2008 packages and it did work.
>
> Why do we need language.d? Please explain.

We do need it after the quick change I made, namely reinstating the old
update-language code. It gives an error when the file isn't there.

I'm not convinced that we should leave it that way. But I do think that
the upgrade path will mean that tex-common will be upgraded
first. Furthermore, for backports and development we probably do
ourselves a favor if tex-common 2.x works on a lenny system.

Debian Developer (TeXLive)
VCD Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg, ADFC Miltenberg
B90/Grüne KV Miltenberg