Re: doc-base: Please add section for typesetting

Hi Robert and other doc-base people,

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> I suggest to add a section for this, but to not use the name TeX
> (Editing/TeX is plainly wrong for most of them).  Rather, I would like
> to make the section broader, and include everything related to
> typesetting.

Any news on this?

On the Debian TeX list, we got a request whether a graphical frontend
for producing graphics code for TeX should be put into Graphics or TeX -
and we had to answer that TeX formally doesn't exist...

We continue using it, since it's established and known. I'd very much
prefer, however, to be able to switch to "Typesetting" or something
similar as suggested in the bug report.

Agustin - I am unsure which section would fit best.  I think the user
base of ktikz will mostly consist of (La)TeX users who don't want to
learn the complete syntax of tikz, or want to "draw" the basic forms of
their graphics with a frontend, before tweaking in the generated code.
Therefore, TeX might be better than Graphics, but I have no strong
opinion about it. In particular since TeX doesn't exist in theory...

Debian Developer (TeXLive)
VCD Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg, ADFC Miltenberg
B90/Grüne KV Miltenberg