Re: Transition from dpkg to GNU install-info

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009, Nicolas François wrote:
> > ginstall-info "$i" "$INFODIR/dir" || true
>
> I would propose to detect errors from ginstall-info, but still continue:
>
> 	errors=0

> 	ginstall-info "$i" "$INFODIR/dir" || {
> 		errors=1
> 	}

> 	exit $errors

In that case, the trigger processing in the postinst should be protected
against errors (update-info-dir || true), we don't want failures to
configure just because a bad info file was found.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/