trigger question for tex-common

Hi Ian,

now I have some real problems wrt triggers in tex-common I somehow am
not able to find a solution for.

First the setup: several packages can drop files into
/etc/texmf/language.d and /etc/texmf/updmap.d, and depending on that
some specific actions should be taken by tex-common.

So I added a file trigger onto these directories to tex-common.

The problematic point here is that there is another level of
indirection, we construct from those parts in /etc/texmf/updmap.d using
the script update-updmap (and from /etc/texmf/language.d with
update-language) another config file, and then call updmap-sys (or
fmtutil-sys --.... resp).

Now, our update-* is so intelligent that it does NOT include parts of
packages which are in the process of being updated (or not being
installed at all, but conffiles still present). This is necessary
because a font package might drop a config file into
/etc/texmf/updmap.d, an admin might change that, then remove (but not purge)
the package and the conf file is still present, but we must not (!!!)
include that part in the final config file.

Now comes the problem: When I have
        texlive-lang-german -> depends on tex-common
and I install
        aptitude install texlive-lang-german
then first all the packages are unpacked,
then tex-common is configured/triggered
then all the other deps are configured
then texlive-lang-german is configured

When tex-common is triggered not all of the packages are ready being
configured, so most of the files dropped into the relevant directories
will not be taken into account by the update-* calls in the trigger action
of tex-common.

Yes, that is the problem.

Ideas for solutions:

What about calling
	dpkg-trigger /etc/texmf/language.d
and
	dpkg-trigger /etc/texmf/updmap.d
in the postinst off those packages using it? In that case we could drop
the file trigger completely and depend on the postinst calling dpkg-trigger.

Would that solve the above described problem?

Thanks a lot for any insight and helpful remark

Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.
                       --- Windows Error Haiku