Re: Future of xmltex?

Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a rather provocative question: we see a few bugs for package
> xmltex which belong to upstream. Upstream however seems to be dead
> (files in ftp://ftp.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/macros/xmltex/base/ have a
> age of 9 years). AFAICT context is able to process/format XML files
> too.
>
> Question: do we really still need xmltex or is it obsolete? The only
> package depending on it is docbookwiki.

- I think we asked ourselves the same question before the last release,
  and decided to keep it - I don't recall the reasons

- I think I read a similar discussion on the TeXLive list this year, and
  it turned out that some people use xmltex

On the other hand: Do you have further information on ConTeXt's
abilities wrt XML files? Does it need the usual "fo"-processing à la

xsltproc -o fo.xml \
/usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/xsl/nwalsh/fo/docbook.xsl Input.xml

TIA, Frank

--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (TeXLive)