Re: hardware again hosed, nothing from my side for the next time

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008, Danai Sae-Han wrote:
> I am sorry to hear about your hardware issues, and wish you success in
> finding a better successor.

Will be the same, it was only 2.5 months after I bought it, so it is
still all in warranty.

At least I manage to rescue most stuff with ddrescue, then extracted the
third partition with linux, then copied all the files out from there,
all that on an external hard disc.

Now I am doing:
- booting from USB stick a rescue system
- mount the external hard disc
- setup network in the rescue system
- chroot into the copy of the file system
- su - norbert there
- work ...

ok, no X running, but most things work quite well ;-) Until they will
fetch my laptop for repair, hopefully on monday, when I will not have
any access at all ..