Advice on a freeze exception request

Dear release team,

I was about to write a freeze exception request, because the latest
upload of texlive-base fixes an important bug related to a release
goal. However, when looking at the diff, I found the following which
makes reviewing it harder:

The version currently in testing contains an unused script in debian/
(called tpm2debcommon2008.pm). This was meant for the yet unpackaged
version 2008 and has now been removed from our main branch. Therefore it
is gone in the upload in unstable - and the debdiff contains a couple of
hundreds of lines with a "-" in front because of this.

Should we reupload with the useless and unused script added again, to
make reviewing easier, or ask for review of the package as it is in
unstable?

Here's the changelog:

+texlive-base (2007.dfsg.1-4) unstable; urgency=low
+
+  * Make sure that all old configuration files of teTeX are removed once
+    the transitional packages are purged (closes: #454329, #454330) [fk]
+
+ -- Frank KÃŒster <frank@debian.org>  Sun, 07 Sep 2008 22:07:03 +0200
+

TIA, Frank