urgent question concerning order of autoscript debhelper snippets

Hi Joey, hi all,

I recently built a font package which uses dh_installtex, and upon
testing it completely broke with a message that surprised me, since it
wasn't there in former times.

TO cut long discussions short, in dh_installtex we do:

 autoscript($package, "postinst", "SNIPPET1-INST", "...");
 autoscript($package, "postrm",   "SNIPPET1-RM", "...");
 if ($dothefullstuff) {
   autoscript($package, "postinst", "SNIPPET2-INST", "...");
   autoscript($package, "postrm",   "SNIPPET2-RM", "...");
 }

The snippet coming from the first invocation of autoscript for POSTRM,
i.e., SNIPPET1-RM defines a function which we use later on
in the snippet for SNIPPET2-RM.

Now I found that strange enought the *ORDER* these snippets are included
into the final postrm file is reversed, so we got a bash scripting error
about a not-defined function.

In postinst we have
	SNIPPET1-INST
	SNIPPET2-INST
while in postrm we have
	SNIPPET2-RM
	SNIPPET1-RM

I would like to know:
- was that a change introduced at a certain point, accidently or not?
- is this going to stay like this?

In this case we have to rebuild *ALL* calling dh_installtex, which are
by now quite a lot. At least all the texlive packages have to be rebuilt
and reuploaded, after a fixed tex-common enters unstable.

Thanks for any explanation, also in case I am completely wrong ...

BROATS
A pair of trousers with a career behind them. Broats are most commonly
seen on elderly retired army officers. Originally the brats were part
of their best suit back in the thirties; then in the fifties they were
demounted and used for gardening. Recently pensions not being what
they were, the broats have been called out of retirement and
reinstated as part of the best suit again.