Re: Accessing mathmatics symbols within XeTeX

On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 18:27 +0800, R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar wrote:
[...]
> This is identical to what you have on your system.

Hmmm, looks tricky. I have meanwhile played around a bit and I can
reproduce your problems when I use a map file containing

lmsy10 none lmsy10
lmex10 none lmex10

with 'none' instead of the proper encoding files in the second
column. So maybe your xdvipdfmx uses some other file instead of the
correct dvipdfm.map. You could test this by using

xelatex -output-driver="xdvipdfmx -f dvipdfm.map -vvv -E"

AFAIK the fontmap used by xdvipdfmx is configured via the 'f' options
in /etc/texmf/dvipdfm/dvipdfmx.xfg.

Also see if the additional -vvv instead of -v gives any interesting
additional information. In my case the 'interesting part' looks like
this:

[1<lmsy10@9.96pt(TFM:lmsy10[/usr/share/texmf/fonts/tfm/public/lm/lmsy10.tfm])
fontmap: lmsy10 -> lmsy10(lm-mathsy)
(Encoding:lm-mathsy[enclmmathsy])
pdf_font>> Simple font "lmsy10" enc_id=<lm-mathsy,3> opened at font_id=<lmsy10,0>.

If all this does not help, then it might be best to post the different
outputs from xdvipdfmx to the XeTeX mailing list.

cheerio
ralf