Re: Current status ???

> Hi Frank,
>
> On Die, 19 Jun 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
>> - I'm working on refining debianize-updmap and debianize-fmtutil, as
>>   well as update-fontlang and texconfig, and I think I'll be able to
>>   upload tex-common and texlive-bin with that soon.
>
> Good good, although I must say that I didn't follow what was the problem
> with these stuff.

fmtutil wasn't debianized at all, it's --edit and
--disable-fmt/enable-fmt options worked on
/var/lib/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf.  Same for texconfig.  The rest is just
that updmap wasn't able to create $TEXMFCONFIG with its editing options.

>> - texlive-base should be uploaded soon because of #427859
>
> I assume that the necessary conflict tetex-base -> tetex-bin << 2007 is
> already in the tpm2deb.cfg. Is that all or do we need more changes?

That's all I think.

>> I think I'll be able to handle that well.
>
> That was the upper/lower case stuff. I guess we just replace the file
> with the version upstream suggested and that's it.

I'm not sure what he wants, I suggested to lowercase everything and will
wait for his input.

>> 2. Could you have a look at #425520?  Your last message to it contained
>
> This is not trivial. I don't want to put this onto my TODO for now, we
> need some magic here, and a bit of conffile shuffling (oh how I hate
> this ;-). I would say that this is not RC, and we can do it at any later
> time before the release of Lenny (huuu).

Yes, it's definitely not RC.

> - if unchanged (ship the md5sum of the file directly in the maintainer
>   script) then remove it
> - if changed we have 2 options:
>   . we do some sed magic and convert it as good as possible to the new
>     format (pdftex instead of pdfetex, list of formats), then write
>     it into the position of the new conffile. This will give warnings
>     about change conf files etc etc (and bugs), you know this
>   . or we just move it to obsolete and leave it there with a warning
>     (this is what is probably in the files, without guarantee)

Would the package configuration still work with the old file (if the
changes are only in comments)?  In this case the policy-clean solution
would be to just leave the locally changed file.

Frank Küster