Re: Problem compiling texlive 2007 packages from source on Kubuntu Feisty

Hi Chandra,

On Fre, 15 Jun 2007, R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar wrote:
> Thanks to you and to John Dong, I have now successfully made debs for
> TeXLive 2007 for K/Ubuntu Feisty by lowering the Build-Dep to (>= 1.7~) for
> the downloaded texlive sources.
>
> Just for the record, I had to build context and lmodern from source as
> well, and fully uninstall texlive-full before re-installing the new

This is a bit surprising, I cannot check now, but I thought they don't
have so high tex-common RUN dependencies. Installing the packages
directly from sid should work, at least AFAISFN.

> packages, including texlive-full(2007). I will document what I did more
> fully at the Ubuntu Backports web site.

Good idea, thanks.

DETCHANT (n.)
That part of a hymn (usually a few notes at the end of a verse) where
the tune goes so high or low that you suddenly have to change octaves
to accommodate it.