Re: errors installing texinfo, tetex-base and tex-common in debian SID

On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 12:16 +0200, Antonio Toral wrote:
> Hi, I was updating my debian sytem and it gave an error when trying to install
> these packages. The error was in the 3 cases the same: the install script
> tried to use mktemp but the command wasn't found. After I installed "mktemp"
> the installation went fine :)
>
> so... maybe a dependency to mktemp should be added for these packages.

No, it is your system that was broken since the mktemp package is
essential and required:

ralf@skye:~$ apt-cache show  mktemp
Package: mktemp
Essential: yes
[...]

One can always assume that such packages are present.

cheerio
ralf