Re: SVN texlive (new) commit: r2938 - in texlive-new/trunk: all/debian texlive-extra/debian texlive-extra/debian/patches

> Hi Hilmar!
>
> On Die, 05 Jun 2007, Hilmar Preusse wrote:
>> Are you willing to take over all work, which in reality belongs to
>> upstream? Then go, fix #154266/#407968 too. However I'd rather leave
>> upstreams work to upstream. IMHO.
>
> Well, we forwarded the stuff to upstream. I don't hunt down stuff which
> takes too long (see long open bugs in pst-* 412726 and 412728), but
> simple one-liners is ok.

The problem here is that this means that only the Debian version of this
package actually works.  Once people notice that, they'll request that
CTAN pull their updates from debian/patches, and you're upstream faster
than you can count the TeX registers "your" packages are using...

Frank Küster