Re: Open problems

Hi Frank!

On Die, 05 Jun 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
> > short term stuff:
> > - do we still have to change/work on the conffile issue, is there
> >   something open? And if yes, what?
>
> AFAICT nothing in the tetex-base postrm field.  Your proposal of
> dpkg-clean conffile handling (thread "handling of config files" with one
> answer by me) still awaits implementation.

AsI said just now in the thread, I am not sure whether I can/want to do
all this with ucf (I never used it). We could also ignore the problem

> > long term stuff I want to see
> > - documentation bugs/features
> >   . texdoc patch
> >   . texdoctk handling
> >   . dhelp/doc-base
>
> dangling symlinks,...

Yup, right. Where this is coming from I have no idea. create-doc-links
maybe is hosed?

> step by step...  I actually have started texdoc in Perl, conffile and
> option handling are ready, but it currently does nothing than print the
> usage message if requested...

Ohh, good to hear. So I close my eyes for now on these problems.

> > - libpaper integration
> >   the discussion stopped at some point, no idea where we are and what
> >   we have to do
>
> It should be in the bug report.  From my memory, the required steps are:

Umpf. Not now, long term. Maybe someone else then Frank or me can think
about the whole stuff and prepare a detailed list what should be done. I
can do the actual implementation after this list.

NASEBY (n.)
The stout metal instrument used for clipping labels on to exhibits at
flower shows.