Re: [Guillem Jover] Parsing of dpkg status file considered harmful

Hi all!

On Fre, 01 Jun 2007, Florent Rougon wrote:
> Therefore, unless someone has good arguments, I'll use something like
> this:
>
>   dpkg-query -W -f='${Conffiles}' "$package" \
>     | grep -F " $file " | cut -d ' ' -f 3

There is one problem here, we have to know the $package which can/is a
bit of a pain ... I took a look into the code in texlive
common.functions and how it would be possible to deal with this, but it
is not trivial. First we have general code which could be used in many
bin packages (but currently only in texlive-base-bin, btw, we could move
the whole stuff to texlive-base-bin.preinst.pre etc), but we are taking
over also files from other packages.

MUGEARY (n. medical)
The substance from which the unpleasant little yellow globules in the
corners of a sleepy person's eyes are made.