Re: Backport to etch

Hi Florent,

On Die, 15 Mai 2007, Florent Rougon wrote:
> > Hi Florent, our Grand Master of the 42. order ;-)
>
> Ewww, that must be something quite evil... ;-)

Well, a Grand Master of the 42. Order (sorry, not order) knows the
ultimate answer to life, universe, and everything, and all the other
answers of course, too.

> Call it an euphemism. But I'm sure you'd get used to it with some
> practice. ;-)

Well, for now I leave it to someone else to do the backports.org work.

> More seriouly, if you adopt a mechanism like
>
> Depends: epiphany-browser (>= ${gnome:Version}), epiphany-browser (<< ${gnome:NextVersion})
>
> as reported by Josselin Mouette concerning the GNOME packages, you can
> probably leverage it to automate setting the right dependencies for
> backports. I think this is worth considering.

But how are these
	${gnome:Version}
expanded?

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
Does it worry you that you don't talk any kind of sense?