Re: libpoppler patch in TeXLive in Ubuntu

Martin Pitt <martin.pitt@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> Frank Küster [2007-05-15 10:56 +0200]:
>> > * It's what the Ubuntu Gutsy (7.10) alpha-test packages do (well, they
>> >   remove most of the lines including the libpoppler one).
>>
>> Now that is surprising.  It was Martin Pitt who originally wrote the
>> libpoppler patch for Ubuntu, we have adopted it and meanwhile also SuSE
>> does something similar.  Why was it dropped for Ubuntu?
>
> I'm a bit confused. Of course we did not remove the poppler patch, I
> just had to port it to the poppler 0.5 API again.

Ah, so this was just a communication error ;-)

> I guess both changes will eventually land in Debian (the kpathsea one
> could go in right now), so that eventually we will get back in sync.

Yes, we've got that ready in our repository, but didn't have time to
upload it (would require NEW processing, and our other uploads were
targetted at RC bugs).  I'll take the opportunity to review whether your
patch is better than what I did.

Thanks for you cooperation,
Frank