Re: TeXLive 2007 & ConTeXt on etch?

Hi Karl,

On Mon, 14 Mai 2007, Karl Berry wrote:
>     Karl: Could we organize something on the tug server (depending on the
>     space we already use ... sorry for that)
>
> Space isn't the problem.  Bandwidth is.

Hmm. Ok I see.

> Are any Debian users who use the TL packages really hitting tug?
> Is that a lot of people, or a few?

I guess that with time it will increase. The point is that etch is now
stable, and has TL2005. And more and more people will try to get TL2007
for etch from tug.org.

> Don't you Big Gun distributions have servers that could be used :)?

Well there is backports.org for Debian, but they have relatively strict
deadlines what can be uploaded. And it needs some time to prepare all
this I don't have ATM.

Let's put it this way: Can you monitor the activity? (there are many
apache log file analysers) If there is too much activity on tug.org for
the tl2007 debs, let me know and I will cut them and
­ either put them on backports.org (if it is in say 6months or so then I
  should already have had enough time to work on this)
- or put it on our server here at the university, where bandwidth
  shouldn't be a problem, more CPU load, as our server is something like
  a dinosaur compared to *every* desktop computer I know ;-)

For Ubuntu, please Ubuntu people SPEAK UP!

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
Someone down there
is trying to kill us!'
`Terrific,' said Arthur.
`But don't you see what this means?'
`Yes. We are going to die.'
`Yes, but apart from that.'
`APART from that?'
`It means we must be on to something!'
`How soon can we get off it?'
                 --- Zaphod and Arthur in a certain death situation over
                 --- Magrathea.