> Hallo Frank,
>
> Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:
>> Jörg Sommer <joerg@alea.gnuu.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> my texdoc does not work.
>>>
>>> % texdoc -l amsldoc
>>> Can't find documentation for `amsldoc'

# texdoc -l amsldoc
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/doc/latex/amsmath/amsldoc.pdf.gz

This is in a chroot in which I had TL 2005 installed and upgraded to
2007 the hard way (copying deb files into the chroot and install with
dpkg), because this stupid apt-proxy refuses to serve me the files I
downloaded yesterday evening, just because it's unable to connect the
serves (I'm offliine).

>> kpsewhich --expand-path='$TEXMF/doc'
>>
>> This should give a list of directories, and the one where amsldoc is
>> (still /usr/share/texmf-texlive/doc/latex/amslatex/amsldoc.pdf.gz?)
>> should be among them.
>
> I changed TEXDOCS to .;$TEXMF/doc//.;/usr/share/doc/texlive-doc// and now
> it works.

Hm, but /usr/share/texmf-texlive/doc is a symlink to
/usr/share/doc/texlive-doc, which should now be duplicated.  Is that not
the case on your system?

> BTW: The texdoc search mode should search in $TEXDOCS and not in
> $TEXMF/doc.

This is true.